Monday, August 3, 2015

No Title

This week has been busy and uneventful.... so I don't have much to share.

We did get a new branch mission leader called within the past week, and we are very excited to put forth some goals, and to really see this area grow as members become more involved in our work!

I never knew how much I'd love this work, but every time I think about it, I get teary. It's hard... no doubt about it, but I feel my Heavenly Father so close to me daily, and there are times when I KNOW He's the one doing the work... not me, and Sister Miller and I are just the ones to follow through with what the Lord wants us to do.

Sister Miller and I continue to go on adventures every day, and oh boy are we busy as ever. I'm wayyy way tan, and I've never sweated so much in my entire life, but I guess the humidity does that to people (did you know that the sweat was the number one thing I was dreading when I heard I was coming out east.... it's actually not THAT bad though.. :))

One thing that's really ran through my mind all week is the scripture "By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass" - Alma 37:6

as we put in as much effort as we have, day to day, we may only see but a few changes actually taking effect, but as I've been here for 4 months (CRAZY RIGHT?!) I've been really able to witness the power of God in this work, and His hand in all things. We've seen so many blessings, and there's no place else I'd rather be but here in West Virginia.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support. Sorry this week was uneventful. We'll be more exciting in the next week ;)

Love, Sister Kirkby

No comments:

Post a Comment