Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Timing

This week was SO good. We were able to see NUMEROUS blessings within the area, and I know without a doubt we wouldn't have been able to do it without the Lord. He's really providing, because we're working hard. Our members are getting an understanding of how important missionary work is, and we just got a new branch mission leader that we hope will be really good for the branch.

More people are reading the Book of Mormon every day, and we are seeing true conversion. The BOM is the ultimate conversion tool, and it's so exciting to see it being applied, and to see people reading it. I know that book is inspired, and that it is the word of God, and I wouldn't be an effective missionary without it. I've learned what it means to STUDY, really study, the scriptures, and I'm so thankful I have it in my life.

This week has been busy, but there's nothing new. Sister Miller is still way awesome, and I love her with all of my heart. She's an example of true discipleship, and she teaches me every day. As she grasps missionary work, she does it diligently, and we work hard.

I've really come to know that these 18 months of my life are the ONLY 18 months of my life I have where I can dedicate each waking moment to my Savior, Jesus Christ, and His gospel. It's a little daunting, because I've almost hit 4 months. Time flies, and I must remember to work has hard as I can, because it'll be over before I know it. I love this work with all of my heart. I know it's inspired, and that it's not my work. Our area would not be doing as much success as it is if I were in charge of it. The Lord is in charge, and I'm blessed to have the desire to be worthy of the Spirit, as well as to have a companion who is worthy of the Spirit.

The Lord has a hand in all things, and we must trust in the plan He has for us.



Love, Sister Kirkby

No comments:

Post a Comment