Monday, August 24, 2015

"teach with the power and authority of God"



Hello everyone!

Thanks to everyone who wrote me a cute little note, about what they learned at Education Week! It made my entire day!

My week was good. Nothing much happened. Two people came to church on Sunday! Lisa and a new investigator named Amanda!! I've eaten WAY too much this week, (thanks West Virginia) but it's all worth it because it's SO GOOD. We went on exchanges this week, as well as a Zone Conference, and I was able to see Sister Sorensen! YAY. She's doing well.

When you go on missionary exchanges, you stay in another area for a night, so I was in the big city of Charleston, with a sister training leader named Sister Webb. It was way fun, and good to get out of Ripley for awhile. While on exchanges, I learned about how I'm just not a very confident missionary, and Sister Miller has actually brought to my attention that I rarely look people in the eye when I'm teaching. I don't know why I get so scared. I've been praying a lot to become more confident, and to be able to look people in the eye, and now that I am consciously working towards it, I see Satan working at me. I hate that guy. I was studying in PMG earlier in the week, and came across this:

"Missionaries are to go “in the power of the ordination wherewith [they have] been ordained, proclaiming glad tidings of great joy, even the everlasting gospel” (D&C79:1). You have authority to preach the gospel. If you hold the priesthood, you have the authority to administer the ordinances thereof. As you prayerfully and worthily exercise that authority, you will receive spiritual power, which is evidence of the reality of your call. Do not be afraid or shy about fulfilling this commission. Just as the sons of Mosiah, you are to "teach with the power and authority of God (see Alma17:2–3)."

I've literally been set apart with a higher power to teach the people here in Ripley, and as long as I can remember that I represent Jesus Christ, I think I'll be okay.

Also, about a week ago, my ankle started hurting REALLY badly. I didn't do anything to it, and it's not swollen. but I can barely walk.... we bought a brace on Saturday, and if it doesn't feel better by this coming Saturday, we'll call the mission nurse. It's just really inconvenient.

anyways moral of the story is that exchanges are incredible, and I am so blessed to continuously be humbled and enlightened by people all around me! Sister Miller is the best, and I hope to be like her one day. The mission changes lives, and there's no place I'd rather be.

I hope everyone has a good week!
Love, Sister Kirkby

No comments:

Post a Comment