Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy late Thanksgiving, everyone!

Holidays on the mission are literally the best. This Thanksgiving Sister Marsh and I ate three different meals... holy moly it was a lot of food, but a whole lot of fun. We first went to the Sollars home, a part-member family, and we were able to have a lot of non-member exposure. After that, we went to the Hunter's home, and they have THE cutest kids in the world... I love that family, and then that evening, we went to the Marino's home, where we ate a few more bites of deliciousness!

This morning as I was exercising, I was pondering the concept of obedience. I was asking myself if I'd still exercise when I go home, or if I'm just doing it on the mission because it's being obedient. Then I thought "well why is it a rule?" and duh, it's because it helps me take care of my body. All commandments, or guidelines are given to us for a reason, and I love that obedience has been able to really set into my heart on my mission. It is the first law of Heaven, and it's so important. I took it for granted before my mission, and grudged about being obedient sometimes, but now as I've understood the eternal doctrine behind it, I really have a testimony of it.

I'm so thankful for everything the Lord has done for me up to this point in my life. Missionary work would not be easy if it wasn't for the fact that He is in every detail of our lives. I am so thankful for my family, and for the constant support they offer me, and I am so thankful for my companion, and for the people we have to teach, so that I can continuously progress and learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment