Wednesday, November 11, 2015

the good kind of weird

New transfer! New companion! Her name is Sister Marsh, and she's incredible, and super cute and funny! She loves to laugh, and she's the good kind of weird ;) We've seen lots of miracles, and I LOVE this area. I love it so much! I feel very blessed that the Lord is having me stay here for another transfer!

Our friend who is to be baptized at the end of the month is doing INCREDIBLE, and we're hoping to still see her baptism on the 29th. She's struggling to quit smoking, but she's really trying her best, and she's down to 3 or 4 cigs a day, vs a pack and a half a day. she's also down on her coffee! We are in the middle of teaching her the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson, and it's going well. She's so prepared, and so ready, and I know it wasn't by coincidence that we found her. The other day she texted us and told us that before we had found her she had been praying for some guidance and comfort in her life, and then we showed up. It was so cool. We really can be answers to peoples prayers!

This week we get to meet a general authority, Elder Erich W. Kopischke! We'll have a huge mission conference in Charleston! It'll be way awesome! I'll get to see all of my old companions, and I'll get to learn from a servant of the Lord.

Have a good week! Thank you to all the Veterans out there! I love you Grandpa Kirkby (aka Bubba) thanks for serving our country! (as well as my great grandfathers)
Love, Sister Kirkby

No comments:

Post a Comment