Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Missionary Christmas

Wow! What a long week.

Let me just say, Christmas on the mission is the BEST. Mainly because you get to focus on Christ, and the reason for the season, and over the last month, I have learned SO much about Him, and what He's done for the world.

Sometimes you look at people, and you think of the trials and the mistakes they've gone through, and you wonder how they'll ever make it to the Celestial Kingdom, and it's because of our Savior that they will. He Atoned for them. period. end of discussion. and they can choose to accept that whether it be in this life, or the next. Ultimately we would want to choose it in this life, so that we can be happy, but some won't. But those who are supposed to make it to the Celestial Kingdom WILL make it, because of our Savior. Because I have learned this, I have been able to develop so much charity in my heart for the people here in WV who have it way worse than I do.

On Christmas Eve we went to a members house. They're the Hunters, and they are seriously so awesome! Their oldest is 7, and she's so cute! We ate lots of food, and the kids acted out the Nativity. It kinda made me miss home, but I know I'm out here for a reason. The next day, on Christmas, Sister Marsh and I woke up and opened all our presents. I got a bunch of new skirts! YAY Thanks mom! Then we did our studies that morning. After studies we went over to the Drennens, and they had breakfast for us. It was the best, because it reminded me of breakfast my dad would have made. They had Tabasco sauce and everything :) After breakfast we went and Skyped our families! Sister Marsh went first, and it was fun getting to know her family. My family was in Texas this Christmas, so I was able to talk my Grandma and Bubba this year! What a treat! I love my family so much, and I miss 'em like crazy! After we Skyped we ate dinner at a part member family's home, and then that evening we went over to some friends house, and we played some games, and ate Spaghetti.

Essentially Christmas on the mission is the best. I love my family, and most of all, I love my Savior. I'm thankful for this season I've been given to strengthen my relationship with Him, and I love all that I've learned of Him. I invite all of you to prayerfully study the Book of Mormon this year, and to learn all that you can of our Savior.

I can easily say that I'm truly converted to this gospel, and I pray that everyone can one day learn the things that I've been learning. I love this gospel, and I'm so lucky to have parents who have raised me to learn and serve my Savior.

Have a good week!
Love, Sister Kirkby




No comments:

Post a Comment