Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Mormon Night

Hello everyone!
I hope ya'll had a good labor day! For the past two prep-days, we've gotten together with some elders and played some good old fashioned Dungeons and Dragons.... basically it's a blast, and we have a lot of fun. Since Monday was Labor day, we weren't able to get to the library, so that's why my email is a little late this week!
Last Wednesday, the missionaries had a once in a (missionary) life time opportunity to go to a pro baseball game in Charleston! Someone who runs something at the ball park is a member of the church and worked it out to where we could have a "Mormon Night" at the game. They played "I'm a Mormon" videos on the big screen, and we had a little devotional before hand, for all the investigators and members that came to the game! It was a blast, and we had a lot of fun with some investigators! Sister Sorensen was also there with her companion Sister Michie, so it was fun to see them!
We had a zone meeting, which is always humbling, because we get the opportunity to learn from other missionaries. We talked about the power of prayer, and why it's important to pray in Jesus Christ's name. When we were baptized, we took upon ourselves the Saviors name. We are commanded to represent Him, and follow His example, especially during prayer. We must always say prayers that are said in a way Jesus Christ would have said them: selfless and righteous. As I've been working on this, my faith in my Savior has grown incredibly. I love the power of prayer, and how I always have the opportunity to talk to my Father whenever I need Him.
I love this work, and I love the area of Ripley! So many blessings and miracles every day!
love, Sister Kirkby

No comments:

Post a Comment