Monday, September 14, 2015

Humbly Preaching (and being preached to)


Howdy Ya'll!
 
The weather in here West Virginia is cooling down, and I don't think I'm physically ready for the winter yet.... NOOOO. I hate snow! So I'm going to embrace the current weather as much as I can before it starts to get bitter cold!
 
Wednesday night Sister Miller and I attended a sermon given by a preacher that was lead by an investigator we have. It was quite interesting on how the doctrine that people teach are similar, or almost identical to what we teach, but that we just have the fullness. I agreed with everything he was saying, and I wish people understood that us as missionaries aren't trying to take away their faith. We just want to build upon it. I mean, who wouldn't want more Jesus in their life?

Thursday night we had a fun interaction with a baptist preacher who continuously told us that we were wrong. This happens often... I wanted to give him a Book of Mormon, but that would have been contentious, and so we just nodded our heads, and let him talk. We answered his questions as best we could, and hopefully one day his heart will soften.

Saturday we helped out at an 11 year old's birthday party, and there was a watermelon eating contest. I decided to give it a try, and eating a slice of watermelon as fast as you can is a lot harder than you think! And wayyyy messy! Sister Miller did the bobbing for apples, and she did pretty good. I was proud of her ;)

Last night we went to a fireside with Lisa, and saw Sister Sorensen :) The fireside was SO GOOD. It was all about our Savior, Jesus Christ, and I am so thankful for Him. One of my ALL TIME favorite quotes is "The miracle of the Atonement makes up for our imperfections in our performance" and how right that is!

Next week is transfer week, and we will have to wait and see what happens! I hope I get to stay here in my home of Ripley. I love it here, and I love Sister Miller, but I've been here for awhile now, and so I most likely will be leaving :( But it's all up to the Lord.

Thanks for your prayers and words of encouragement! Our investigators are doing well, and we're working hard, as usual! :)

Love, Sister Kirkby

PS Sister Miller and I have a skirt that's almost identical and EVERY TIME one of us decides to wear it, the other person also decides to wear it, so by the time we come out of our rooms we realize we're wearing the same skirt... It's kind of ridiculous.



No comments:

Post a Comment