Monday, June 27, 2016

The Power of Service...

Hey!
To all those wondering about the storms in West Virginia, I'm told that all the missionaries are fine, and that things are getting cleaned up pretty well. Wish I knew more, but the Lord is with my West Virginia family members. :)

MARTINSVILLE IS DOING SO GOOD. We found 15 more new investigators this week, and the Lord is seriously the main part of it all. They're just falling into our laps, and I am so grateful to the Lord for His blessings. I am the most happy I've ever felt, and I am so glad that I have learned the importance of service while on my mission.

Sis R.. the one who totally understood a need for a restoration, didn't come to church yesterday... she got sick :( But we had a really really awesome lesson with her about the Plan of Salvation, and she is totally on board. We have a scheduled baptism date with her at the end of July. I'm excited to see how it all works out.

The mother and son investigators who came to church last week asked for some time to think about the doctrine that we've been teaching them. They don't believe that God has a body of flesh and bone. They think he's a Spirit, and radiates light, and then she started talking about how it could be possible that God could have a body because of quantum mechanics, and I was really happy that my dad taught me about wave-particle duality, because I was able to understand her... and then testify boldly that God is a God of flesh and bone. haha... she might contact us, might not... I don't know. She's a really confused individual, and I hope the Lord can help her out, and that she can recognize truth as she studies.

Brother J is still making up excuses so that he won't have to stop smoking, and he didn't come to church this last week :( Pray for him please!

We met this person the other day who has schizophrenia really badly, but lives in the poverty cycle and can't afford medication or help, so she's just stuck, living with these voices in her head... the main one being Satan, who tells her lies after lies after lies and it made me so so so angry. Satan takes advantage of those who can't be helped, and he's the most pitiful thing I know. Good thing he's gunna lose in the long run, and he knows it!

Brother P is a new investigator that we found in a kind of a funny way. Our first week together, we went to this area that was obviously new to me, and kinda unfamiliar to Sister Sorensen, so we were kinda just wandering around, not really knowing where we were going, or what we were doing. We were laughing really hard about it, just kinda walking in circles, when we saw this guy pushing a stroller, and he was walkin' pretty fast. well, when people are walking super fast, they usually don't have time to talk to to us, and it's easy to just say hi, and let them on their way, but I felt prompted to stop him, and invite him to learn more. He accepted, kinda hurriedly, gave us his info, and we both went on our merry way... and then we had to turn around because we were going the complete opposite direction of where we needed to be hahahaha. Anyways, this week we went by his home, and he is SO prepared for the gospel! I'm so glad that I was given the courage to invite him to learn, that we were wondering around like chickens with our heads cut off, and that we followed through, and went to go see him, because we were just kinda putting him on the back burner. He came to church on Sunday, and he really liked it and said that he'd be back! How exciting!


The power of service has really gotten into my heart lately. Our purpose is to serve God continually, and I hope I never put myself in a place where I find service a burden... how blessed we are to be given opportunities to serve all the time! Whether it be to our children, siblings, within our callings, in the community, at work, home or visiting teaching, they are all a blessing to us, and we should always joyfully serve those in need!

Hope everyone stays safe! Have a good week!
Love, Sister Kirkby



No comments:

Post a Comment