Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Charity never faileth...

So, transfer week, and I'm leaving Roanoke.

But, I'm only going about an hour away to Martinsville VA with Sister Sorensen from Hawaii (not my trainer... even though that'd be legit!) Sister Sorensen has one more transfer left, so we'll get to power house it up down in the most southern part of the mission! Another great thing about me only going about an hour away is that we'll be able to come up for the baptism that are going to be happening soon, and I'll get to go on exchanges with Sister Ward, and see all of the people that I love here! It'll be so awesome! President said I'll probably be ending my mission in Martinsville, so I'm glad I got to put in one more area before I come home.

The reason as to why we are here on earth is so that we can repent and serve God. We've been focusing a lot on calling repentance to those we teach, and I feel blessed to have the charity for our investigators to be able to call them to repentance.

How do we gain charity for others?
"But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen." (Moroni 7)

As we pray for charity, it will come. The Lord promises us that and "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."

I challenge all of you to pray for that charity for your neighbors, friends, and family, so that you have no fears of sharing the gospel. Sharing the gospel is what brings ultimate joy. I know this to be true!

Have a great week!

Love, Sister Kirkby
888 Oakwood Rd
STE 310
Charleston, WV

25314




No comments:

Post a Comment