Wednesday, January 27, 2016

the post with the star wars

6 months in Fairmont? Okay! I won't complain! Sister Marsh and I are staying here together for another transfer everybody! YES. I am SO happy! I love this area, and I love how much I've seen it grow. The Lord's work is seriously in motion here in this beautiful place.

We had a really neat experience with an investigator this last week. We've been working with him for awhile now, and he is seriously SO awesome. Our last meeting, we taught all about baptism, and the why behind the ordinance, and the Spirit was seriously so strong... probably the strongest I've ever felt in a lesson. He had expressed that he wants to follow Christ over and over again, so at one point I looked him straight in the eye and said "E, you desire to follow the Savior, so will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?" The silence was powerful. You could have cut the Spirit with a knife, it was so thick. He sat there for probably a minute, and then said "not yet." my heart broke in that instant... and then he looked me straight in the eye and said "but don't give up". So I'm taking that and running with it. We're still working with the Holy Ghost to discover what his concerns are, so pray for him!

Friday started the snow apocalypses here in the east. Don't know how many of you heard about it, but it was pretty crazy. We got 27in in Fairmont. It started at about 1 on Friday, and didn't end until about Sunday morning. We were told not to drive on Saturday, so we stayed in for the most part of the day. We also shoveled a lot of snow in our neighborhood. The roads are still pretty bad, and there's no place to put the stuff. Basically I've never seen so much snow in my life, and both of my parents would pack up and move if they lived in this stuff. It's fun/dirty/annoying/cold/ I just don't like it at all. They use "cinder" on the roads, which basically just turns the snow into an ugly black color and it looks gross, but at least we're safe! Good thing my mom sent me some pretty solid snow boots, so my feet stay warm and dry! :)

We had our last Star Wars district meeting this week, because the elder who's the Star Wars nut is getting transferred. Basically the Book of Mormon is the weapon we use to fight off Satan AKA a lightsaber 

Have a great week!
Love, Sister Kirkby


No comments:

Post a Comment