Monday, July 13, 2015

Blessings

This week has been a week of miracles and blessings all around. We've been blessed with people to teach, and have been kept very busy. We've been working hard, and have seen some great progression in our area. Sister Miller is an amazing missionary. I often look past the fact that she's training, because she has so much courage to speak and teach. She loves to teach, and as she grasps an understanding of the area, she helps the best she can during planning. She's adjusting well, and I'm so thankful for the things she teaches me.

We have a lot of fun, and we've been able to do a lot of service. That rain is never ending, but I kind of love it! The humidity is something else.... I could do without that. :) When we focus on the small and simple things, we can recognize the outcome our efforts produce, and I LOVE THIS WORK. I love it with all my heart, and there is no place I'd rather be. Not only have I been able to teach others, and help them come closer to the restored gospel, but I too have been blessed to have worked on my own conversion. I've never relied on the Lord so much, and I'm blessed to have a firm testimony in the Book of Mormon. It IS the word of God, and we can, and must turn to it when we are lost.

Last night we had the opportunity to go to a stake presidents fireside in Charleston, and we brought our investigator Lisa Medford. We saw Sister Sorensen and her companion, because they were the ones who put it together! The Spirit was so strong, and we were so thankful that through a lot of prayer the Lord provided a way for us to make it there.

Nothing too crazy happened this week. We taught some investigators the stop smoking workshop that the church has come out with, and guarantees to be smoke free after one week, and we're excited to see how they do. So far they're doing great! As we pray for baptisms, I have full faith that the Lord will provide, because we are working HARD. We're doing our best, and we're promised that the Lord will bless us when we strive to do our best.

Keep praying for the area, and for our investigators! Thank you all for you love and support!

Love, Sister Kirkby

No comments:

Post a Comment