Monday, April 27, 2015

Klick One


GRANDMA ALERT: do NOT view picture at bottom (consider yourself warned)

Howdy y'all

You know how missionaries always say that the mission flies by? Well it's kinda true.... It's easy to believe I've been on the mish for a month, because it feels like I've been away from home for forever, but it also feels like the weeks have just gone by so fast... It's a weird thing.

This week was rainy and cold and tough, but by the end of the week, we were able to recognize so many tender mercies of the Lord, and we were blessed beyond compare. Thursday afternoon we set aside some "miracle time" in which we prayed to the Lord in faith that a miracle was going to happen, because we deserved it, and needed it. So out we went, in the freezing rain, knocking on peoples doors...we were able to contact people, and ask for referrals, but no one was very interested in listening to what we had to share. We did this for about an hour, and then I started to feel really sick, to the point where I wanted to throw up, and so we went back to the apartment for dinner. I took a short nap, and pondered on what our "miracle" could have been, as we were trekking in the rain. There were lots of different tender mercies that happened while we were tracting: we met some good potential investigators, every door we knocked on was answered, and everyone we talked to was friendly.. (that's pretty rare. usually when you tract you run into at least a couple of people who are just plain rude.) Sister Sorensen and I discussed it, and we just figured that the tender mercies we saw were our miracle.. UNTIL we were planning and a potential investigator, in whom when we met was GOLDEN, and in whom we've been trying to contact for awhile now, called us and said he wanted to meet with us ASAP... he's just been busy and hasn't been able to set time aside for us. It was our MIRACLE. needless to say we freaked, and we're so excited!

The Lord blesses us according to our obedience, and we are as obedience as the imperfect human being can be. We love the work we're doing, and we seriously have worked hard, and it's finally paying off. YAY

Sister Sorensen and I continue to get along, thank goodness. I was so blessed with the perfect trainer for me, and it's just the best. We talk to each other like sisters, and she sometimes hits me, and I sometimes sass her, but it's just part of the fun. The relationship we have is real, and it's none of that fake sister missionary stuff, and we're happy about it. :D I learn from her every day, and I don't know what I'd do without her.

Anyways, thanks for the support and love! I hope all is well back west, and don't forget to pray to our Heavenly Father, because once you stop, Satan has won.

Love, Sister Kirkby

ps, we taught the Plan of Salvation to a dying mouse... then he died. It was sad.




No comments:

Post a Comment