Wednesday, August 24, 2016

TWO BAPTISMS!


Brother Scales and Brother Price both entered the waters of baptism on Saturday, and received the Holy Ghost on Sunday. It was an incredible weekend, with the Spirit so strong! I still can't get over how much both of these men, but mostly how much Brother Price has changed from when Sister Sorensen and I first found him. The gospel has LITERALLY changed his life, and the happiness and glow that is found within him is incredible... the temptation he faces, and avoids and conquers is a miracle, and he's almost read the whole Book of Mormon... He's in 3 Nephi last we talked to him. Saturday night  he prayed vocally for the first time ever (he's a very nervous man) and it was such a tender mercy to see this change work within him!

Both of these brothers are hungry for more! They are constantly learning, and are wanting to learn more! Next month they'll be going to the temple, and hopefully Sister Stettler and I will be able to go with them!

We also found out on Saturday that the excommunicated member that we've been working with, Sister Carey, has permission to be baptized!! She'll be baptized on Sept 24th... I am so happy for her. We've started teaching her sister, and the Book of Mormon has all the answers to the questions she's had for a long time... I just love that book!

I've been sick for the past two and a half days, and it really smacks, but you do what you gotta do, I reckon. My brain is running a million miles an hour, because all I wanna do is go out and work, especially with only six weeks left, but my body says "stay in bed." ugh, it's horrible... hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.

Sister Stettler is taking good care of me, and she's such a great friend. I love her so much.

well, I hope y'all have a good week... talk to you Monday!


Love, Sister Kirkby





No comments:

Post a Comment