Monday, August 8, 2016

#MartinsvilleStake

wait, it's Monday? Already? Why does the week fly by SO FAST?

It was a good week.
Our investigator Brother P has truly shown some amazing changes in his life. When we first brought him to church, our members were SUPER skeptical of him, but now, because of the physical, and even spiritual changes he's made in his life, they are so friendly and nice to him. He has changed so much, and I love that the gospel can truly improve the quality of ones life.

Brother S is also doing well. He's the one that's wife is a member. He is CRUISING through the Book of Mormon, and we were racing to see who could finish it first, me or him, but he is totally beating me. He can't get enough of the word, and he's so excited to go to the temple soon!

all of our other investigators are trekking along slowly but surely. I feel eternally blessed to be serving here in Martinsville where SO MUCH is happening.. I can't even describe in words how I feel about this area.... it has my heart, and I want to see it continue to grow, and expand. #MartinsvilleStake #MartinsvilleTemple #oneday

This week I've been thinking a lot about Idleness
Alma 38:12
"Use boldness, but not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love; see that ye refrain from idleness."
This scripture touched my heart SO MUCH as I was reading it this last week... as we bridle all of our passions, and dedicate our time to serving the Lord, refraining from all idleness, we will know what complete joy is. I have definitely learned this on my mission.

well, I hope everyone has a great week! Stay cool, and be good!
Love, Sister Kirkby

No comments:

Post a Comment