Monday, October 12, 2015

sickness, hugs, and butt slaps (oh my!)

It's been a comical week for sure!

I was sicker than a dog for a good day and a half, and it was a real struggle, but I'm getting over it now. Lots of hand sanitizer and nasty Emergen-C. ew.

Sister E and I were simultaneously hugged by some man we had just met and were talking to, and we also met a very drunk lady in a bar... she lives in the bar. it's an old bar, but still a bar. We have an appointment with her this week. Hah. We're gunna teach a hard core Pentecostal couple, and Sister Erickson basically got chased by a dog this morning on our run. She also had her butt slapped by this old lady in our ward yesterday during church. We've had a good week. I went on exchanges to Morgantown University, and it was SO FUN serving on campus. Life as a Sister Training Leader goes by SO FAST. I feel like it was yesterday that I was emailing. 

We're seeing a lot of success in finding people to teach! No one too solid yet, but ya'll will be the first to hear about the elect that we're going to baptize! Missionary life is so rewarding, and I love it with all of my heart! I know that when we are obedient, we are blessed, and the things I've learned on my mission will bless my life, and my family, for forever.

Love, Sister Kirkby

ps Here's some good ole' West Virginia door signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment