Monday, June 15, 2015

Good morning everyone!

This week has been really great. Sister Sorensen has me taking the lead in the majority of teaching, and it's been a really big blessing on my part, so that I can be prepared for when transfers come up. We're working hard, and seeing the blessings come from our hard work. At the beginning of the transfer, our mission president challenged us to imagine the possibilities of having 20 lessons in one week, and so far, each week this transfer, my companion and I have been able to hit that goal. In doing so, we've been SO BLESSED. The effectiveness of our teaching has increased, and we're bringing more and more people closer to our Savior.

We're teaching so many great people, and we're hoping that we can baptize soon. Lisa's baptism had to be moved, but it's okay, because she's still stellar, and we still love her so much, and teach her weekly. We always go to DQ, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to reach death by ice cream ;) We're teaching two recently married couples, who are so fun to be around, and are progressing, and loving the gospel daily. We're also teaching a young mom of 4 kids, who has a low-income, but still so positive. The humility we see in the people here in West Virginia is an example to me of how I need to master that Christ-like attribute.
Each day get's more beautiful, and I love it here with all my heart. Growing up, I always thought that lightning bugs were some kind of myth, but I'm here to tell you, that they are NOT. We went to dinner at a members home early in the week, and as we were leaving, driving through the woods, we saw so many fireflies, lighting up the horizon. It was so beautiful, and if there's anything I've learning from Sister S this week, it's that we NEED to enjoy the simple things in life, because those are the tender mercies of the Lord.

I love you all! Don't forget: The Lord is always by your side, and we should never take the Atonement for granted.

Love, Sister Kirkby



No comments:

Post a Comment