Monday, April 11, 2016

Our purpose in life is to be happy. (I hate bowling)

Hah, so we thought spring had come, and then on Saturday it snowed as we studied, was sunny as we left the house, and then started snowing AS it was sunny when we were driving to our appointment. I can definitely say that there's a first for everything, especially for it to snow on a beautiful sunny spring day.... #weird

It's warmed up again though, and I feel so blessed to be a tool in the Lords hands. Last week we found five new investigators, and we weren't able to see a lot of our solid investigators, but this week we'll hopefully get in with them.

I've learned a lot about commitment keeping while on my mission, and I love what my mission president says often. "If you want to astonish someone, keep your commitments". This is SO true! Commitment keeping can be as simple as waking up at 6:30, or doing everything I can to teach, find and baptized! We make commitments and covenants with the Lord continuously in this life, and He always promises us blessings in return! One way I've really been blessed while being a missionary is the knowledge I've gained about how important choices are, and how time is of the essence! We are only given a very short amount of time in a day to do the Lords work, so we better keep our commitment, and do our best, if we are to see miracles in our life.

Our purpose in this life is to be happy. (2 Nephi 2:25) The formula for that is repentance, and serving the Lord (Alma 42:4). I know that the reason as to why missionaries are so happy is because they spend all their time repenting, and serving God! This is our ultimate commitment as we've made covenants to serve the Lord! Also remember that He WILL bless you, and that He loves you, and that knowledge will help you get to where you need to be.

I love my Savior. I know He lives! I know He directs His work through a modern day prophet, and I know that the evidence of this is the Book of Mormon!

Have a great week! I love you all!
Love, Sister Kirkby

pics:
went bowling with some missionaries last week. I hate bowling, but oh well. :D

Sister Kirkby and Sister Brower, MTC comps reunited!



No comments:

Post a Comment