Wednesday, May 20, 2015

First Transfer Period DOWN!




Can you believe that I've already been on the mish for one transfer? Yeah, I can't either!
The Ripley area is doing GREAT. We're working hard, and feeling our Heavenly Fathers love every day. Without the Spirit we are nothing, and we must rely on His guidance to help us become effective missionaries. This past Sunday was stake conference, and I really loved what one of the speakers had said. "If we apply basic doctrine (prayer, scripture reading, going to church) our Savior will fill in our weaknesses." I've been also studying my copy of the general conference edition of the Ensign like crazy. Last night I was reading Elder Bednar's talk about fear, and I found what he had said about the Atonement to be really applicable to my companion and me. "The power of the Atonement makes repentance possible and quells the despair caused by sin; it also strengthens us to see, do, and become good in ways we could NEVER recognize or accomplish with our limited mortal capacity." We are limited without the Atonement, and as we apply it in our lives, we will be one small step closer to become like our Savior. We will be able to recognize our weaknesses, and repent and change to become as perfect as we can be.

Someone told Sister Sorensen and I a really funny Mormon joke this past week:
How many Mormons does it take to change a light bulb?
Six. One to change it, and five others to bring refreshments.
We laughed really hard.

Thanks for all of your support and love! I miss you all, and I hope you're all able to recognize the tender mercies in your everyday lives! The Lord loves you!
Love, Sister Kirkby

No comments:

Post a Comment